Sunday, March 15, 2009

Things afoot

Will I ever adequately prepare myself for anything? I am a chronic procrastinator. I have never packed more than a couple hours before any sort of travel, and I have never finished writing a paper earlier than the day before it is due. Can I chalk it up to laziness? I'm not sure that both of my two examples fit neatly with that descriptor in a similar sense, because I indeed loathe writing papers and I rather enjoy condensing items and gearing up for adventure. Hmm. Right now I haven't been asleep in what feels like forever, and struggling to keep my head above water in terms of syntax, tense and general articulation. Hopefully this will not be too painful for the reader or the author.

I have been off-the-wall crazy these days, trying ever-so-valiantly not to become a big ol' stressball. My days have been filled with fun activities and my nights have been filled with work. Sleep hasn't factored into the mix to an extent that I'm happy with, but, I have been managing. I don't know where my energy comes from. I suspect bagels. SOMANYBAGELS.

Blastfest happened in Cambridge. I was a big mess that day, I was running on three hours of sleep and I was the SMELLIEST PERSON EVER. I usually tend to be on the pungent side of the spectrum but Jesus Christ what happened? It was my first show playing with the Woodrow Wilsons. We were rough, but people liked it. Not bad for two hasty rehearsals. The energy felt great. The Points North set was also good, also sloppy. Sloppier than it should've been, but these things happen. I hope to dig up some pictures from the show because the theater and the stage set-up were beautiful and such a nice change from the same old living room or bar thing. I will share some, in time. Please don't hold me to that.

Last night there was a surprise birthday party at the Worcester contradance, which happens every second saturday. It was my first time attending this dance. How nice! So many friends showed up. SO MANY FRIENDS! I loved how I felt.

Right now I'm just about passing out on the semi-couch. The St. Patrick's Day parade is a couple blocks away and in about an hour, so I'm planning on checking that out. I need to take a nap. I need to take a shower. I need to pack. I'm going to Iceland tonight, right? I think it's going to be really nice. The plans exist in name alone.

I've been thinking a lot about my life plans and I want to explore that via this medium soon. We're talking LONG TERM. This was spurred on by a couple brief conversations with friends. Oh my goodness, I am so ready to go to sleep right now. See you in Iceland.

No comments: