Monday, March 9, 2009

Saving daylight, but at what cost?

I guess spring has been cancelled this year after just one pilot weekend. The(read: my) world has reverted back to slush and freezing rain and snow. How demotivating! Gross. I think today I'll just aim a pinch lower. I've been reading In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck lately, and it has me hooked. I'll work at that.

REALLY GREAT THINGS HAPPENING IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW:
  • The Points North album is just about finished!
  • I've been playing drums with the Woodrow Wilsons lately, as well
  • Oh my goodness sometimes it feels so good to just live and be
  • Bike riding? Again really soon?
  • Blastfest, big music festival in Cambridge next week, featuring both PN and WW!
  • Leftover spring rolls in the fridge
  • I really love my family
  • Worcester contra-dance next weekend!
  • My brain tells me the ice shall soon thaw. Does this mean the Elizabeth Bishop will make her maiden voyage?
  • Oh my goodness music music music
  • Making friends out of acquaintances
  • April shows and an eight-day tour with Manners!
  • A hastily prepared and perhaps absurd trip to Iceland- this weekend! Oh my goodness.
  • A CRUSH ON A GIRL? I'm not sure if this qualifies as a really great thing. A little confusing, perhaps. These things are really infrequent, I feel. Therefore special? The theory of scarcity at work?
  • Living as a human should: with other humans.

One of the biggest internal challenges in my life is trying to determine how to live as a human should. I promise I will not elaborate on this, today. I will spare you sophomoric philosophical rambling for the time being. However, it is high time for one of those spring rolls I've been hearing(read: eating) so much about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah, hey. I just read In Dubious Battle about a month ago. Right after East of Eden. Steinbeck is unstoppable. Except that he died awhile ago. East of Eden. That's the ticket. And Cannery Row too.