Monday, March 23, 2009

30+ hours of sleep deprivation

I am home from Iceland. It strikes me as funny, how it is actually colder here in Mass than it was just a stone's throw from the Arctic Circle. I have been awake and generally active for approximately thirty-two hours now. After landing in Boston, Megan(my life-saving ride home) & I ate T-Sam's and talked about the last year and so. It's hard to wrap my brain around that the last time I saw her was 15 months ago, oddly enough she was my previous post-Eurotrip ride home from Logan as well. After dinner I hit home for about an hour and headed to work. Awful, awful. It wasn't as painful as one might imagine, but it was far from optimal, to say the least. It's so unfortunate that our lives are wasted away making companies far more money than we are compensated for. At least that is(thankfully only partially) my reality, perhaps it's also yours. You have my back, if so. We shall persevere, if not overcome.

"you try too hard"
-- I was thinking about these words. I realize that I try very hard sometimes to project myself not as the rather awkward introvert that I probably am, but instead as a rather awkward extrovert who tells ridiculous and bad jokes/puns for cheap laughs. When I think of this it feels like a flick to the forehead. The one time I was told this outright it was like an elbow to the gut. I am my father's son.

I write the worst travel blog ever.